Thursday, October 12, 2006

Immersion idyllic


People speak of being wrapped in nature's embrace, but I think that the operative word here is rapt. On a long hike in the Adirondack woods, we encounterd a garden of mossy eden. The temptation to roll around on/in it was too great to resist. Years later I learned that my 10 year old son and his friend had sneaked back for a surreptitious glimpse...

the photograph ~ 35mm Polaroid Instant BW slide film photograph by Mark Hobson along the trail to High Falls in the Five Ponds Wiilderness Area- Adirondack Mts, NY

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

I gotta be honest here and say that this feels more like a crime scene to me than a nature encounter, The only thing that brings me back from that dark place is the neat pile of clothes and carefully placed shoes. The third frame looks like someone ran away.

10/16/2006 08:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to add this: The woman's face being so obscured adds to the feeling of unease for me.

10/16/2006 08:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks