Wednesday, January 10, 2007

FYI

I haven't posted many photo submissions of late. That is not due the fact that there haven't been any. To the contrary, there have been a fair number of them. It is due, in part, to the fact that I am trying of late to post photographs which are pertinent to the topic at hand. It is also due, in part, to the fact that I published a few during the holidays that were virtually ignored, or, at least, not commented on (due, no doubt, to a drop in the number of visitors during the holidays).

Of course, it could also have been that you all just didn't like them or think that they fit The Landscapist motif. But, on the topic of "I didn't like it", I would like to note that The Landscapist does NOT subscribe to the adage, "If you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all." Please feel free to blast away (hopefully in an agreeable manner).

I am giving thought to publishing a smorgagbord post of photo submissions. Any thoughts on that?

2 Comments:

Blogger CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good year

1/10/2007 05:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like seeing other photographers here, but I think the curatorial function is important. I agree that featured images should relate to a post topic. You might consider one or both of these approaches:

1) As your submissions accumulate, look them over for any themes or triggers that get you thinking about some post-worthy idea. Your mind is fertile enough, I expect something will emerge.
2) Let us know about upcoming topics you're planning to write about, and request submissions relating to that. You could show either a selection or a smorgasbord, and comment on them or not.

1/10/2007 06:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks