Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Photopop 7.0 ~ New Wave Man

Taking a break from all the big words, and long books on photography (no offense), I'd like to add a little gen-next inspiration...I would consider myself gen-x, this is newer.

In the words of Paul Rueubens, aka Pee Wee Herman, from his cameo as a coke addicted psych-ward escapee in Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams.. "new wave man, newwww wave."

In the most beautiful (and only) collaboration of photography, art, animation, and sound, 99 rooms is an adventure through a cyberspace installation like I've never seen.

The object is to interact and find your way through 99 rooms (photographed from the abandoned warehouses of east berlin's industrial district) by finding knobs, valves or objects that activate the cursor from an arrow to a hand icon. After clicking on said object, the cursor will become an arrow with 3 forward triangles(?) this means you can skip to the next room. Be advised though, that sometimes there is more to discover on these pages by simply mousing over items and making tails wag, eyes wink, and flowers bloom. So no need to hurry through from page to page. Sometimes the sounds change and items or creatures appear over time too,and sometimes not. All in all, an genuine jewel of an exhibit!

enjoy,

99rooms

blog publisher's comment This is what I get for raising my kid(s) as a free thinker. But seriously, 99rooms, at first glance, has a very "Myst" feeling to it - god, how many hours did I spend in that room? - and it really can be spell-binding to explore. Not sure what it "means" but Hugo's going to spend some time "exploring" it while he's at my house this wekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent a lot of time today in 99rooms. I went through the whole thing. Fun, but some are kind of creepy too. I like the mix of art mediums to create it. Very cool! I love stuff like this!

10/25/2006 06:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks