Sunday, October 01, 2006

Tom Gallione ~ A Gathering of Leaves


Late afternoon light in the late autumn of last year. The voyage ends here on the surface of Park Creek for a small congregation of dead leaves. When the leaf-peeping parties are over, this is what remains. I always come late. - More than mere visual representations of reality, I strive to make interpretations that invite further thought and musing. I prefer the subtle and contemplative over the bold and dramatic, and suggestions over descriptions.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim Jirka said...

Tom,
this to me represents an arrow trying to pierce through the hard rock. I too relish the autumn sights and sounds after the leaf peepers are snuggly at home for the winter.

10/02/2006 02:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim,
The still colorful leaves feel like a nest to me amidst the rocks. A soft spot, if you will. I too, like to get out after the leaf-peeper season is over.

10/03/2006 01:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes Tom, a true delight. Color for the eyes but with a richness and thoughtfulness that tickles my other senses too.

10/04/2006 01:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see this photo as 'quietly bold' it is a quiet scene, an intimate view yet the arrowhead design and bright colours and darker rockks are bold and dramatic. This one works simultaneously because it is 'subtle' - easily overlooked, but when paid attention to it is riveting.

10/04/2006 07:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks