Wednesday, November 22, 2006

krappy kamera ku


There's something about toy cameras I just can't resist. In this case the extremely diminutive Minox Leica M3. Make no doubt about it - dispite its look, namesake and price (currently under $200), it's a krappy kamera - a no adjustments (there is an "iffy" auto exposure function), fixed focus, non-precision viewfinder, press the button and shoot. The claimed 4 megapixels is arrived at by interpolation. All of which conspires to create, to my eye and sensibility, a wonderful photograph.

If you have not had the experience of photographing with a krappy kamera, I highly recommend it. There are loads of film and digital krappy kameras out there, many well under $100. Most fit easily into a pocket, some so small that they can get lost in your spare change, so there's no reason not to have them with you all the time. And photographing doesn't get any less involved from the tech side than just pressing the button.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked up a Holga to play around with. To expand my miniscule mind. I am picking up my first roll of processed film today. Just can't wait to see.

11/22/2006 03:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little Leica is cute! I like what you got out of it too. Does it have any quirks like the minidigi of the Roving Camera Project? I admit that sometimes I liked the freedom of that little camera. I knew that I wouldn't know what I would get, so there was no striving for the "perfect shot". I got what I got and had to live with it and was quite happy with the majority of the images. I've been thinking of adding one to my "toolbox" .

11/24/2006 09:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks