Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Photopop 7.0 ~ youthful exuberance


a virgin to a professional camera until 4 days ago, I'd like to share my initial thoughts.

To a degree (let me stress "to a degree" to Brandy), there is an uncanny resemblance to my first encounters with my wife. I find myself using any excuse I can to sneak out of the house at midnight to get a few nightscapes...i.e. cats need food, baby will need more diapers eventually, won't he? My dog is also excited that I am walking her more and spending more time out of the house to get a few snaps in the cemetary where we go on a daily basis. Last night I even had dreams about vignette-ing some obscure image I couldn't quite make out. In the long run our "marriage" should produce a deeper respect and admiration for each other as time goes by.

As for my photos, I think of them as my children (don't be jealous Hugo). Like photographs, children are everywhere, but if I raise them right and they inherit some good genes, every so often they may standout and someone may remark on how well behaved or athletic they are. That's the ultimate compliment to me. Oh, and if the child happens to turn out to be a superstar or famous someday, I'll take all the credit (hehe).

But I think the point is that there is a part of me (maybe not my g-spot, like gravitas) that is brought alive by the process of creating and/or viewing good photography.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I have been looking and looking at this image. It had me puzzled as to why there was a bag of potatoes on the grave stone. Only did I finally realize that it was protecting a tree or bush. Nice catch here.

11/23/2006 04:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never did figure it out! Thanks Jim! I was staring and staring at this and wondering! I guess that is a good thing too. It kept me involved, didn't it! I am glad you are enjoying the new camera, Aaron. I hope the family doesn't get too jealous, it can eat up a lot of time!

11/24/2006 09:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks