Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mary Dennis ~ Little Blue Park


I think what drew me to this little blue park was the humorous convergence of reality with the "painted on." I'm not sure if the muralist intended it or not, but I love that zone at left middle where the fake tree and the real tree meld together. I've shown this image to several people and many of them have said that it looks like good usage of a very small urban space, but the park actually made me feel somewhat uneasy. Maybe it's the odd, unnatural color of the painting and the way the light hit the walls and bounced blue all over the place, but mostly it feels like a sad attempt to replicate something that has been lost or is fading fast.

This image was shot with a 2 megapixel, fixed-focus, setting-free Rolleiflex mini digital camera.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary , this is one of your greatest image I've seen...
I looked at it for long before I read your post... intriguing, weird don't know wich word here to use but ..
makes me feel we live in a weird/bizard world...
I love how you describe the "convergence of reality and the paited one".

Salut

mleg

11/16/2006 04:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks