Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Please kick the tires


Please check out my test blog on SquareSpace and let me know what you think.

FYI - word verification is re-activated. The spam started almost right away. If commenting is inconvenient, please don't blame me or blogspot - it's all because of the f___ing spammers.

FEATURED COMMENT: Mary Dennis wrote: "I like the look of the square space blog a lot Mark. It's clean looking, (almost like a nice magazine layout) feels compact and logical, links seems to work well and the photos look good too. And no word security gunk. Is it free?"

publisher's comment: Mary's response represents the universal consensus to date. Seems like the way to go. I still have to kick a few more of the tires, but, so far, so good. There are couple of really interesting - as yet unactivated - features that I think you're going to like. How's does a Discussion Forum sound? How about the ability to directly upload photographs to a personal gallery page?

And, speaking of questions, to answer Mary's - No, it's not free. I may have to work some overtime in the coal mine, but at least I won't have to go without boots or donuts this winter.

FEATURED COMMENT: Mary Dennis also wrote: "...hey, isn't there some poetic justice in a "square thinker" ending up in a "square space"?

publisher's respone: It's hip to be square.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it. It feels a bit more intuitive. I like the fact you can comment without the added dialog.

1/16/2007 05:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the clean look, the color choice, and the gallery feature.

So that's what you look like... I infer that all your intentions are serious!

1/16/2007 07:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, something funny happened with my comment. That was me above.

1/16/2007 08:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the look of the square space blog a lot Mark. It's clean looking, (almost like a nice magazine layout) feels compact and logical, links seems to work well and the photos look good too. And no word security gunk. Is it free?

1/16/2007 08:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out Square Space. It looks like a really nice setup and isn't too outrageously expensive. And hey, isn't there some poetic justice in a "square thinker" ending up in a "square space"?

1/16/2007 11:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's why I told him to go there!

1/17/2007 02:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo.

2/20/2007 12:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks