Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dan Mitchell


Dan Mitchell posted this comment in response to Dwight Jones' photograph and commentary. - Dan is kind enough to let us see his photograph (refered to in his comment) - Even on good days, results are not always predictable. This was brought home to me yet again a few weeks ago when I was in Yosemite shooting fall colors. I had stopped at a spot with wildly colorful autumn foliage and I was carefully setting up shots from different points of view and with different framing. At one point I decided to move up the bank of the river a ways to frame an image that included reflections of the leaves in a still pool.

While walking along I looked up at a completely different subject from the one that was on my mind and somewhere deep down in my brain thought "that might be a good picture." But I was too focused on the other image, so I just hand held the shot (at least I enabled IS!) and moved back to my original subject.

When I got home I found that the foliage photos were fine but not spectacular... and this one photo that I had almost off-handedly grabbed was possibly the most effective one of the entire trip.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,
I really like this! I am glad you posted your "grab shot". This is a really lovely B&W. I've never been here, but this seems to be a different view to the ones I've seen from others.

11/28/2006 02:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks