Monday, December 04, 2006

Michelle Parent ~ Red pig


This is the backyard of an artist. I was drawn to the scene because of the red pig. There was a playfulness here that I liked. It seemed odd, but at the same time, just right. I didn't just focus on the pig, because I wanted to be sure the viewer could see the Vermont farm scenery that it sits in.

I have done some computer work for this woman and her art work is always bright and cheery and fun with a lot of crazy color schemes run rampant. I have been taking care of the office while they are on vacation and have been seeing this scene from the window. Today it just felt right to go out and capture it. Besides, I hadn't clicked the shutter in a while and felt that itch and the afternoon light was so nice tonight before the clouds came in and the sun set.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Michelle,

I have to say, I'm not usually drawn to contemporary photo art, I love this! I'm really not sure why. It's a very orderly image with muted colors, alot like a c-print. Hummm, I'd hang this on my wall!

12/04/2006 10:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this Michelle! I find people's yards, their stuff, the way they arrange the stuff in their yards, fascinating. This looks like a little "postcard" about the people who live here, a window into a small part of their lives. I'm really glad you decided to press the shutter for this. Great quality of color too. And I would LOVE a shed like that, just for me...everybody else KEEP OUT! :-)

12/04/2006 11:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jerry and Mary. I admit that this is a bit outside my usual realm. If I do take photos of buildings, it is usually old barns and stuff "Vermont" like or travel related if I go away. People's yards don't usually intrique me, but this really did, with the way the elements all seemed to come together just right. I couldn't see this composed any other way, even though I walked around and around for quite some time. The sun was setting behind me, so the light was fading, but had a nice quality to it with the storm clouds moving in that I think contributed to these colors as much as the time of year. Now there is a dusting of snow! That is a very nice garden shed too and I'd love to have one that nice as well. And to think they only live here in the summer!

12/05/2006 07:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This really strikes me as "americana". Beautiful shot with the soft, gloomy light really making it all come together.

12/06/2006 12:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot to like about this, Michelle. What strikes me most is just how well ordered it is. Every element seems perfectly placed yet it doesn't come across as contrived. And I just love the name "Red Pig". If I ever start my own micro brewery, I may just steal that name.

12/06/2006 12:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Joel and Tom for looking and commenting. Tom, you can have the name Red Pig. I don't mind. Just send some of the beer!

12/12/2006 02:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks