Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A recommendation


photo-eye BOOKLIST - what others are saying: "With the number of important photography books increasing every year, a selective, intelligent, and lively guide to the best of those titles has never been so essential.", "...an indispensable source to identify current publications in photography. Even more important, in terms of discrimination and selection, are the insightful comments on new titles.", and, "...the equivalent of having a dear friend with more time than I, and a broader perspective to point out treasures while their bindings are new and the ink still fresh."

What I am saying: If, like me, you like and buy photo books, this quarterly publication is a must. It can be found in many book stores - I get mine at Borders rather than by subscription because I can pick out a clean unblemished copy. A short essay and a current issue over view can be found here. If you're a subscription-type you can subscribe here. Back copies can be had here.

I ordered this book this book although I actually purchased it at OverStock.com at a 40% discount. OverStock.com actually has a very good selection of photo books at great discount prices.

I am a firm believer in the adage "You are what you eat." and, in my not so humble opinion, there's lots o' good eats to be found in photo-eye BOOKLIST.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or in the case, "You are what you read." I agree.

12/28/2006 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger gravitas et nugalis said...

right on the mark, Donna - and I hope that you keep reading The Landscapist

12/28/2006 01:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks