Monday, November 06, 2006

ku # 434


Late fall color in an urban landscape. Sunday morning view - 11/05/06 - from our room in old Montreal.That's the St. Lawrence River in the background. Since this is about 60 crow-flying-miles north of the now leaf-less Adirondack Mts. where we live, it was surprising to find trees full of leaves in full fall color.

FEATURED COMMENT #1: Darwin Wiggett wrote: "I really like the division of the frame into halves with one half inside, the other the outside world - like the divisions in many modern human's existance. The lone figure reminds me of the alienation of people in the urban landscape where we are surrounded by people everywhere but where we are isolated. I also loike the contrast between the briallance of nature and the greys of the urban landscape."

Thanks Darwin. Glad to see you hanging around the joint. Still waiting for that first photo submission.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, one of my favorite places. Yes, that great big river mouth acts to put Montreal in a different zone for plants. I've been to Les Jardins Botanique in mid November and found roses still blooming. Just the wind seems to be the worst thing about that place in winter as far as I'm concerned!

I like that you captured someone walking under those still colorful trees! I wish I had been there instead of here!

11/06/2006 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the division of the frame into halves with one half inside, the other the outside world - like the divisions in many modern human's existance. The lone figure reminds me of the alienation of people in the urban landscape where we are surrounded by people everywhere but where we are isolated. I also loike the contrast between the briallance of nature and the greys of the urban landscape. I really think this photograph is brilliant - it speaks to me on many levels. Purely visual it is exciting, but it is the inner story that really resonates. Thanks for posting this one! Darwin

11/08/2006 04:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks