Monday, November 27, 2006

Eric Fredine ~ Horizons


I've been preparing work for an exhibition. It seems to be a period of consolidation and reflection accompanied by ample amounts of angst and uncertainty. I think I've learnt a few things about myself and my photography.

Thing one: my photographs - at least the ones that 'work' - are more about photographing a feeling than a subject. And because they are photographs of the way I feel they are very much a reflection of me.

Thing two: despite no overt attempt to create one a narrative seems to emerge.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric,
A wonderful and enlightening group of images. I hope you will do well with your exhibition.

11/27/2006 05:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, the formalism is stunning. Who would have thought the flat plains could be so visually exciting? What size are your exhibition prints?

11/28/2006 02:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks folks. Kent - they are scanned from 4X5 and printed at 20" X 20".

Cheers,
Eric

11/28/2006 03:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, as always your work continues to engage and suprise. I've seen a number of these before, but they seem to reveal something new when I study them again. My only regret is that I can't see them all together in print. Best regards with your exhibition.

Have you ever considered doing a book project? If so, let me know so I can get my reserve copy.

11/28/2006 06:24:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

A very visually exciting collection - you certainly have a great eye for thought-provoking simplicity Eric!

11/30/2006 03:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric,
This one is so interesting! I love all that textured stubble and that surprise pyramid out there.

11/30/2006 05:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks