Monday, November 27, 2006

Tidbits

I have quite a collection of quotes, so, instead of keeping them all to myself, I'll start to share some on a regular basis. Please feel free to contribute. Here goes:

As soon as beauty is sought not from religion and love, but for pleasure, it degrades the seeker. ~ Emerson

and

The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mysterious. It is the power of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand in rapt awe, is as good as dead. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitve forms - this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and this sense only, I belong to the ranks of the devoutly religious men. ~ Einstein

I offer the second quote to qualify my sense of "religion" in the first.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[i]The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mysterious.[/i]

One of my driving forces I think.

11/28/2006 04:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adopted this as my sig a while ago, it just seemed to jump out at me:

Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.
-Camille Pissarro

11/28/2006 05:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A short but potent posting. Thanks for sharing these Mark.

11/28/2006 09:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks